Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Oscars 2008

After seeing the nominations for the 2008 Oscars, I thought I would put out my predictions. I have not seen all of the movies...the ones that I have seen include No Country For Old Men, Sweeney Todd, Juno, and Eastern Promises. But I've heard a lot of buzz around There Will Be Blood. Here's my predictions:

Best Picture: There Will Be Blood (2nd choice: No Country For Old Men)
Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis (for There Will Be Blood)
Best Actress: I'd like to see Ellen Page (for Juno) but it will probably be Marion Cotillard (for La Vie en Rose) just because I've never heard of her or the movie
Best Supporting Actor: Definitely Javier Bardem (for No Country For Old Men)...dude was badass
Best Supporting Actress: Tough call...haven't seen any of them...although weird I could see Cate Blanchett winning (for I'm Not There)...she portrays Bob Dylan...I wonder what Bob Dylan thought about that..."Hey Mr. Dylan, we want to make a movie about you" "Oh far out, who will play me?"
Best Director: Coen brothers (for No Country For Old Men)

I'll throw in a couple of the less-popular nominations too...

Best Original Screenplay: Should be Diablo Cody (for Juno)...very witty and visually on point
Best Visual Effects: Transformers (and I want to see Optimus Prime accept the award)



No comments: