Monday, January 14, 2008

Musicians going for Homerun Record

The NY Times just put out a story that there is an inquiry into "entertainers" using illegal steroids. Here's the list: 50 Cent, Mary J. Blige, Wyclef Jean, Timbaland (ok, I get the trend...all hip hop artists) and Tyler Perry? Now, you may be asking yourselves, "Who the hell is Tyler Perry?" I asked myself too...apparently he's an actor/producer/writer...I think he put out that "House of Payne" show on TBS. But how's that for a random member of a list?

Anyway, what the hell is going on in the world?? First, MLB-ers are using performance-enhancing steroids. I think every single player that did is a cheater...no acceptions. However, atleast I see why they would take performance-enhancing steroids. They're trying to swing a bat so hard that they hit a baseball 400+ yards. Some added strength and vitality could help you out with that one. What the hell does Mary J. Blige need steroids for? Holding up a platinum microphone? Getting through an iPod commercial shoot? I understand that steroids can improve things other than muscles (like anti-aging steroids...she's only 37 though!), but what's the world coming to when a female hip-hop/R&B singer is taking steroids to step up a career?

These are all allegations of course, and they could be entirely false (let's hope so). It's made me skeptical though. I'm sure it's difficult if you're a big star in the industry, but let's leave steroids out of the music industry though folks (and the acting/writing/producing industry...I'm not naming any names with that one though).



No comments: