Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

Well, 2008 begins in less than 24 hours, so I thought I would share my resolutions with you. In addition to working out regularly, which I've been moderately successful in doing in the past few months, I want to try eating healthier also. No diets or anything...just being more mindful of the fact that salads can coexist on a menu with double bacon cheeseburgers.

One of my main resolutions, however, is to read more. This will prove difficult with the addition of a Nintendo Wii to my bedroom, on top of my father's HD flatscreen in the family room with multiple movie channels. I'm one of those people who needs close to complete silence to truly focus on reading...otherwise I get very distracted. So...relative to the book...I'm going to try to get through a book every 1-2 weeks. I figure that will give me some sort of deadline as I transition into this revived hobby...hoping that it will morph into a routine. I have a couple stacks of books that should keep me occupied for a while...but please feel free to suggest books now or throughout the year...

Oh...and of course...to blog more. Happy New Year!

P.S. I thought of another resolution...to pick up my damn bass guitar and start playing again!



2 comments:

Mike said...

Happy new year KDawg!

If you're the only person on the planet who hasn't read it yet, check out "The World is Flat". It's an incredibly insightful book about globalization and the challenges we'll face in the near and not-so-near future.

Funny you mention your bass guitar - I was just in Sam Ash/Guitar Center yesterday because I'm going to pick up a Gretsch and start playing again. w00t.

Kevin said...

Hey Mike...Happy New Year!

In fact, I have NOT read "The World is Flat" yet, but that is definitely on my list...I think my Dad has it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Good luck with that Gretsch!