Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I'm not "Ha Ha Ha"ing

Apparently Santas in the land down under were recently instructed not to say "Ho Ho Ho" anymore. Why in the hell would they do that, you ask? It's because "Ho" is American slang for a prostitute. [News to me...I don't know anyone immature enough to make that connection] Personally, I think this is all ridiculous. As Peter Griffin would say, it really "grinds my gears." The suggestion that Santas should say, "Ha Ha Ha" instead of "Ho Ho Ho" is just bizarre. The triple "Ho" conveys the jolliness and tubby-old-white-bearded goodness that Santa is all about.

Changing the "Ho" to "Ha"?...imagine it in your head right now...creepy, right? It turns the jolliness into questionable looniness. The additional excuse that the Aussies are making is that the laughing scares children. Are we talking about the land that Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin (RIP) came from? And Gladiator badass Russell Crowe? Man up Australian kids!

In other Christmas news, Google Earth is once again tracking Santa on Christmas Eve. They've teamed up with Norad this year to do it, and you can play games, etc. on their site until the games begin in 20 days. Personally, I'll be tracking Santa down, and once he hits the Lehigh Valley, I'm listening closely. If I hear "Ha Ha Ha," I'm chuckin' snowballs.



1 comment:

David Oblas said...

yeah you just need to line up 3 buxom blondes in red t-shirts that say "HO". there's the christmas spirit!

p.s. don't google that at work!