Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It hasn't been a long time since they Rock & Rolled

Yes, last night in London, England, the legendary Led Zeppelin "reunited" for their first show since 1980, five years before I was born. The band broke up in 1980 when their drummer, John Bonham, died in his sleep. 27 years later, they're considered rock gods...I love listening to them and I wasn't even alive when they were together!

When artists are together for a long time, or some kind of show or event lasts for a long time, I normally think that they/it should end if something goes wrong. The Price is Right, for example, should have died when Bob Barker retired...but don't get me started on that one! In Led Zeppelin's case, however, John Bonham's own son, Jason, took over on drums for their show last night...which I think is perfect.

All of the reviews are raving about how they sounded awesome last night. Prior to the show, interviews pointed to the show as being a "test" for whether or not they should set out on a full tour. Well, if that is the case, it seems like a tour should be set in motion...and I'd try my very best to get my hands on tickets if they come around here. I wouldn't get my hopes up though - you never know what will happen. At the very least, I'll pick up the DVD that surely will be released from last night's show.



3 comments:

Tom Whalen said...

Ah the things I did to the sounds of L.Z. in my impetuous youth - things I shall never divulge, my Son.

...and don't call me Shirley.

Dad

Kevin said...

Man, I don't know if I should be curious or if I should pretend you never said that...

...Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffin' glue...

David Oblas said...

kevin, you better get back into sniffing glue if your pops is gonna be making comments like that!

and i'll see you at their concert if they ever have one around here. heck, i'd even travel for it