Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What happened to the School Bus system?

Ok, I'm going to have a Seinfeld-esque post...what's the deal with school buses nowadays? Are they school buses or personal chauffeurs?

Honestly though...I just drove home from work and on a single road, within probably about 1/8th of a mile, a bus stopped 3 times to let kids off. And these must have been 5th grade+ students. I understand the safety aspect of it is important, but c'mon now. If it were December and it was snowing hard, I wouldn't be ranting, but it's like 70 degrees out! It's beautiful!

I remember when I took the school bus...it was against the rules to be personally dropped off. The bus driver had to abide by mapped out stops. What happened to that?

What they need to do is pick a middle ground, make sure the kids who live on the other side of the street cross the street, and drive off. It won't kill the kids to get a little exercise...obesity is a problem in this country and these bus drivers ain't helpin'.

Can I get an Amen?

P.S. This is my 100th post...booyakasha.



No comments: