Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscar Winners 2008

Well, about a month ago, once the nominations were announced, I made my predictions as to who would win an Oscar. Had I seen There Will Be Blood, I would have made a better personal choice, but I was following the buzz of that movie (I still haven't seen it, but I think it was finally released in this area), and thought it would win best picture. But I'm happy to see that No Country For Old Men won. I was throwing out Cate Blanchett winning best supporting actress for her role as Bob Dylan but that's just because she seems to play everything...I like how John Stewart pointed out that she played the queen, Bob Dylan, and even the pitbull in No Country For Old Men. And I didn't really think Transformers would win an Oscar...I'm surprised it was even nominated.

Other than that, I was spot on. I should have laid down some money on it.

Here's a video from the pre-show. I'm not denying that Garey Busey is creepy and can inject fear into women, but did what he do here really warrant that kind of reaction from Jennifer Garner and Ryan Seacrest? All I have to say is...if I was walking down the street, and I saw Ryan Seacrest and Garey Busey behind him, I'd push Seacrest out of the way to get to Busey.





2 comments:

David Oblas said...

Gotta tell ya, i think that Busey guy is a creeper and a half... I'd push them both outta the way to get to Jennifer Garner.

Kevin said...

Good call...I also love that Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill are just like looking around in the background of the video, waiting for someone to talk to them.