Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween Week - Pet Costumes

It's less than a week until Halloween, one of my favorite holidays. For that, I'm committed to posting on Halloween-themed topics every day from now until the 31st - if I don't, then everyone can feel free to TP my apartment on Mischief Night.

Today, I'll start with a hot topic: dog costumes. Let's face it...dogs don't like costumes. Dressing your dog in a costume is like making Ralphie dress up in the pink bunny pajamas in A Christmas Story. Some dogs seem to tolerate it more than others, but most dogs simply look miserable with anything on their bodies other than dirt. And let's not forget that Halloween is a traumatizing experience for dogs...people walking around the neighborhood in costumes all day, constantly ringing the doorbell and knocking on the door. So is it wrong to have a laugh at a dog's expense? Well I don't have a dog, so I'm not faced with this moral dilemma...therefore, I can post pictures here and laugh all I want. Ha.

We all know Yoda is like...the best character ever. If more adult males were about a foot and a half shorter on average, I think we'd see a lot more grown-up Yodas walking around on Halloween. Unfortunately, that's not the case, so many dog owners resort to dressing up their dogs as Yoda (case in point: my brother's dog, Midge). This dog looks especially miserable sporting the Jedi get-up.

Some dogs just walk around with a disappointed look on their face even if they're happy - it's just how they are. That doesn't mean a costume won't make them even more miserable. I mentioned Ralphie in the pink bunny pajamas before...this picture reminds me of exactly that.

Ok, these last ones are pretty creative...I'm not even quite sure that they're all real.




No comments: