Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Top Chef Update

Almost two months ago, when the 5th season of Top Chef was beginning, I posted about it and offered up my predictions for who would make it far and who wouldn't. Naturally, those predictions have somewhat changed...but not as much as I thought they would.

The season is continuing tonight after a two-week holiday hiatus...

Here were my initial predictions for who would make it as the top 6:
  • Stefan
  • Fabio
  • Gene
  • Hosea
  • Jamie
  • Leah
And who would be eliminated first:
  • Radhika
  • Carla
  • Danny
  • Jeff
The chefs that I thought would make it to the top 6 all still remain...as do those that I thought would be eliminated, aside from Danny. When Danny came onto the scene with his thick Long Island accent, I assumed his attitude would get in the way. Forgive me for stereotyping Long Islandites...but I lived with a few of them at school so I'm allowed to. Danny was a nice guy, but I don't think he had the skills to be a winner.

Carla and Radhika, up to this point, have managed to stay around the middle for the most part, so I still think they won't make it to the top 6. I think Melissa has been sliding by too. As for Ariane, I knew after she struggled in the first few episodes, she would bounce back as a contestant, but I'm still not quite sure she'll make it to the end.

As for Jeff, in his first video, he mentioned how he would ask his fellow chefs if his hair was looking good, and I thought that his vanity would get in the way. It hasn't though...he definitely seems like a hard-working chef with some serious skills.

In fact, I'm going to add Jeff to my top 6 prediction...to replace Gene.

The people in my top 6 all seem to be doing very well...and initially, Gene gave me a really good impression, and he was leaning toward my favorite. But after that DIY sushi disaster, and seeing his arrogance come out a little bit, I don't think he's going to make it. Sorry Gene.

So who do I want to see win? Fabio of course.

I'll update once the top 6 is actually in place...stay tuned...



No comments: